Thursday, March 3, 2011

How do i change my ip address?


How do I change my IP address?

"How do I change my IP address?" and "Can I change my IP address?" are probably the most commonly asked questions. Please attempt the following then, if that does not work, visit the Change IP Address forum.
Before trying any other methods to change your IP address, try turning off (or unplugging the power of) your Cable/DSL modem for five minutes. In many cases this will change your IP address. However, if that does not change your IP address, repeat the process for 8 hours (overnight works well) instead of 5 minutes. Hopefully this will result in an IP change.
If the above does not result in your IP address changing, please look through the below for the situation that best matches yours and attempt to change your IP address that way. Unfortunately you are not able to get your IP address to change in all cases, as it is ultimately determined by your ISP's DHCP configuration (when you've got a dynamically assigned IP address, that is.)

3 comments:

  1. if u want 2 do this on Mac let me know will post info soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your useful information. You can also try below method to change your ip address.
    1)Go to Start->Run->Cmd->Press Enter..
    Type in "ipconfig/release" for Current IP address and then type "ipconfig/renew" for New IP address.
    Visit Ip-details.com to check your IP address is changed or not.

    ReplyDelete